Palestine as a Feminist Issue
To: Women and Feminist Organizations
From: Black Rose Labour
In the interest of advancing a truly intersectional and decolonial feminist vision for the United States, Palestine and our world, we hereby pledge to:
1. Embrace and advocate for Palestinian liberation as a critical feminist issue;
2. Support Palestinian rights to free speech and political organizing everywhere;
3. Reject the conflation of anti-Zionism with anti-Semitism, in particular the legal enforcement of the International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance’s (IHRA) definition of anti-Semitism;
4. Heed the call of Palestinian civil society for Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions;
5. Divest from militarism and invest in justice and community needs on Turtle Island;
6. Call for an end to US political, military, and economic support to Israel, and to all military, security, and policing collaborations.
Our commitment to the liberation of Palestinian lands and people is rooted in love, which is at the heart of all projects of decolonization. Our values are rooted in embodied cultural wisdom and justice to transform our communities. We are committed to ending the greed, domination, and fragmentation so deeply entrenched in capitalism, colonial extraction, and US empire. We are radically re-imagining and re-creating a world free from systems of gendered, racial and economic exploitation that commodify human life and land. Ours is a vision for a radically different future based on life-affirming interconnectedness, empowering the working classes, and love for each other, land, life and the planet itself. For these reasons, we pledge, today and everyday, to recognize Palestine as a Feminist Issue and to uphold this commitment in our daily lives and organizing praxis.